Friday, February 18, 2011

Plan for day 2

Just saw one of the pediatric surgery residents, Dr. Underwood. He said they plan to get her up today (yes, even with her epidural...it is only in her chest).


Dr. Berch came by and ordered Toradol and has a call in to anesthesia to see if we can up the epidural again. The Toradol seems to be helping some, though. He said we won't get her up until we get her pain under control because getting up is going to be painful enough.

I haven't been able to get her to eat anything, but she is drinking water and Sprite.

On a lighter note, we have a great seasoned nurse today but also a student nurse. Everything (vitals, IV, urine bag, etc.) that has to be done is done by the student with the instructor or our nurse watching/coaching. Maybe it's because I have had very little sleep, but he is getting on my last nerve. I'm wondering how he is graded during clinical...poor guy...he can't be doing well.

Here's my sweet girl:





1 comment:

  1. Tell Lauren I'm glad she is feeling better and that I am praying for her. Love, Emileigh Sims

    ReplyDelete