Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 3: The Good & The Bad

Today was a great day. She felt so good today from the time she got up. She played on the computer for a while, wrote and drew in one of journals, and enjoyed watching some TV.

Lindsay and Aaron came up with Nana and Papaw to visit, and I think she really enjoyed seeing and hanging out with Lindsay for a while.

Here's a picture of the sweet sisters:


Then, this afternoon she suddenly started feeling bad and hurting all over...she had spiked a fever. After taking Tylenol and getting her fever down, she slept for about 30 or 45 minutes then suddenly woke up with her chest hurting badly. It quickly got worse, and the pain management team was called. They decided it was probably that the epidural was on its last leg, and they gave her 2 doses of morphine. After the 3rd dose of morphine (they were having to play catch-up on the pain management), her pain subsided enough that they could sit her up to take out the epidural. This pain went on for a couple of hours, but she is resting now. They have a morphine pump ordered which will give her continuous flow as well as a button for her to press if she needs more. The nurses as well as the anesthesiologist think getting the epidural out and putting her on morphine will probably help her to be able to get out of bed easier. Unfortunately, she will be a bit groggy because of the morphine.


Thank you for your continued prayers for Lauren’s recovery.

"Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated.
Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you.
He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you."
Deuteronomy 31:6
(The Message)

5 comments:

  1. Lauren, be blessed and hang in there. I'm so sorry that you have to go through so much pain. I'm sure that very soon you will be experiencing much less pain. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I am praying for you continually. I am so glad that you know that God is holding your hand. You are a beautiful lady, the pictures are so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Now this picture looks like a real smile! You are in our prayers darlin'

    Love ya! Ms Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a good night, tonight. You are in my prayers daily. Amy, again, thank you for keeping us up-to-date. We will prayer for a safe trip home. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from your Crocker family in Mobile! Ronnie & Jan were here this week and told me about your surgery. Your grandpa Don is my great-uncle, and my grandpa is James, his brother. (I hope I got that right! lol!) Anyway, now that I found you, I will be watching your progress. Sounds like you have been through a lot in your short life, but Praise the Lord that He is walking with you through it! I will share with you about my daughter's hospital experiences later. You have been on our prayer list at First Baptist Tillman's Corner thanks to my Aunt Debbie. I hope you are able to get to your comfy bed at home soon! With HOPE, Tammy

    ReplyDelete