Tuesday, February 22, 2011

5th Night: Probably the Last

Last evening (from around 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm) was probably the most traumatic we've had. She started having a terrible cough (just from being sedentary), and I'm sure you can only imagine what that would feel like with her chest. It was painful but also terrifying for her. She would cough but not hard enough to cough anything up, then she would strangle and not be able to breathe because of the mucous she had just barely coughed up. She would cry out, "Jesus, help me! I trust you, Lord! You are my healer." It was heart-breaking to me, but she was definitely crying out to the One to help her. It blessed my heart to know she immediately called on His name.

Finally, it was time for another dose of Lortab. We hadn't had any morphine since around noon yesterday, and although it was offered we both knew that's not what she needed. She conquered the cough (with the help of the Lord and by hugging the owl pillow Dawn made for her), and she rested the remainder of the night.

We are shooting for going home this afternoon, so please pray for a good morning for her.





1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I am praying for you and your Mom daily. Each day you will get stronger and feel better. I am sorry that you have had so much pain, but I am glad you know who's name to call for healing! Hug your Mom and Nana for me!
    Blessings,
    Becky Arrowood

    ReplyDelete